Saturday 8 September 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal Entry

Yesterday I had posted regarding our first week back into homeschooling. I then added it very excitedly to the iHomeschool Network Blog Hop for the Homeschool Mother's Journal. Today though I realized that my link was removed. From what I could deduce from what I read it would have been removed due to not following the proper format. WHOOPS! Funny how in yesterday's post I noted how the boys need to learn to listen to directions better and here I am hastily linking without checking.

Sooooooo.....lets try this again. And with proper form this time (using the guideline questions that were given).

In my life this week...we started homeschool for the 2012-2013 school year, I did several high intensity work outs, we went on a few long walks and the biggest breakthrough-Evelyn slept 5 hours straight in her crib!

In our homeschool this week...please check out yesterday's post.

I am inspired by...the sunrise. Each new day is a new opportunity to make better choices that will impact my family today and tomorrow. Each day is a gift and I am inspired to lead a better and more fulfilling life every morning I am blessed to wake.

My favourite thing this week was...finding my son's second lost tooth. It fell out about a month ago and I put it in a safe spot. And then...I LOST THE LOST TOOTH. I was mortified and dubbed myself a horrible mother. BUT I redeemed myself earlier this week when I found it! Phew. So last night I got to play tooth fairy. Can you say stressful? The pressure! Rule Number 1: Don't blow your cover! I made it out alive though and the big boy was mighty excited this morning.

Things I am working on...music, music and more music. About every day consists of 1-2 hours of it. Mostly arranging and composing and writing with a little bit of audio and video recording thrown in for fun. Writing music for God is my personal vocation (along with motherhood) and I take it seriously. Hopefully soon I can share more of my faith through my music.

I'm reading...besides homeschool resources? Nothing at the moment. Sadly I don't have much time for reading (see because of Things I'm working on). However the most recent book I read which struck a chord in me was The Red Tent. Amazing. Biblically based fiction (oxymoron anyone?). By far one of the best reads I have had in maybe years.

I'm cooking...a lot more in the oven. It seems that as soon as September hit the cool weather came and with it the urge to make more stews, roasts and apple crisps.

I'm praying for...love, health and peace for everyone in general but then everyday there is something that happens where more concentrated prayer is needed. Such as for this little guy.

There, that ought to do it. There were a few more questions but I didn't have any good responses in mind for them. I am happy though that I noticed my link was removed so I could do this post. It was rather fun and I always like a chance to participate in things.

No comments:

Post a Comment