Friday 21 September 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal


IIIIIIIIIIt's Homeschool Mother's Journal Time.

In our homeschool this week...as usual I do a separate blog post on this. I do that almost more of a way for me to keep track. Plus I like the idea of being able to look back on my thoughts on how each week went. It is a learning process for me as well. In short, we had a bit of a lazy week but in the end some great seeds were sewn and we will be ready to get back at 'er on Monday. For a longer description please check out Homeschool This Week (Sept. 17-21).

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We saw our friend the geologist this week. He brought over some very neat and shiny rocks for the boys to check out to help introduce our earth science. Evelyn kept trying to pocket the fool's gold. It went over very well. We also had some nice evening outings that included fall evening walks, hazelnut lattes (for me of course) and pit stops at the park. 

My favourite thing this week...stocking up on tea. I am a bit of a tea nut. I love finely flavoured loose teas. I happen to live in decently close proximity (15 minute walk/5min drive) to a fabulous tea store in Canada. If you live in Canada and have a David's Tea nearby you MUST get there. I had intended on only restocking two of my favourites and trying one new but as usual I couldn't restrain myself. I restocked three (Pumpkin ChaiFantasy Island, and Salted Caramel). Then I just HAD to check out their Fall teas. I picked up Banana Nut Bread (which has real banana chips in it) as well as Toasted Marshmallow. I have already made myself a Toasted Marshmallow latte and it was AMAZING! I drink tea on average two to three times a day so I go through it a lot. 

Things I'm working on...operation get the junk out of the house. It is pretty simple really. I am going through all those deep dark tucked away spaces (like closets and and basement corners of boxes and bins). I turfed out a contractor size garbage bag full of stuff yesterday. That was JUST from our bedroom closet alone. 

I'm reading...Colossians. I am enjoying the Good Morning Girls study so much. So far I am finding it affirming, refreshing, and inspiring. 

I'm cooking...hamburger soup for supper tonight. Mmmmm. I have the nice parmesan to sprinkle on top and we picked up a couple mini multigrain baguettes to go with. Totally perfect for the cold, gloomy, and rainy last few days we have had. It also makes a TON of leftovers so I am happy to have lunch tomorrow covered. 

I'm grateful for...my wonderful husband. Not a day goes by where I don't tell him how much I love and appreciate everything he does for us. He works in the sun and heat for us and in the snow and cold for us. Today he is out their in the wind and rain. A part of him enjoys his job but a greater part I know wishes he were already out on the road touring. All in due time. All in due time. 

I'm praying for...patience. Oh man do I need it. If I keep it in the forefront of my mind I do much better. It is so easy though to lose one's cool when one child if driving his hot wheels on the tops of canned goods, one is whining about not getting the cereal they wanted (which was already in the cart btw), and the baby is literally trying to scale her way out of the cart. I survived. And decided that shopping carts should also come with shoulder straps in addition to waist straps. 

I'll close it off with the last question...A photo to share...this was my view from the kitchen the other night. I love being able to look over and see my family enjoying the music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment