Monday 1 October 2012

Peak 313 Challenge Checkpoint #3

I was somewhat under the weather this past week which really threw a wrench into many of my plans. One thing I neglected to do was cut and paste up my Soul Food verse as I did in the first two weeks. If I had done that I am without a doubt positive that I would have been much better prepared to withstand all the horrible food cravings I caved to last week.

See, last week's verse was all about cravings. Today cravings are around us everywhere. Every day we have more and more thrown at us. This applies not just to food but to things, belongings, and even people. "The cravings in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes, and the boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world." 1 John 2:16. It is amazing what some little visual reinforcement can do especially when that reinforcement is coming from the Word of God.

However, while I felt horrible all week and made poor food choices I STILL EXERCISED!! I pulled through. I picked up my socks, pulled myself off the couch and got up and at it 4X this week. Not my usual five or six but all things considered that four times isn't too shabby.

Monday- 1/2 hour interval jog (pushing that stroller again)

Tuesday-Yoga Meltdown DVD

Wednesday- OFF

Thursday-Music Video Exercise
This was a particularly fun thing to do. I just didn't feel like popping in the same old DVD and I am quite familiar with the majority of the moves so I made up my own circuits. The music video that Daddy made has three band mashups for a total of 5 minutes. This pretty much matched up perfectly with the interval system I am already familiar with. I chose my own cardio and strength and ab moves and worked through the video six times for a total of 30 minutes including my warm up and cool down. It was a lot of fun. I think I will do this a lot more often now.

Friday- OFF

Saturday- OFF

Sunday- 70 minute walk + 15 minutes strength

This week marks checkpoint three for the challenge. I can't believe it is already over half over. I hope it doesn't take long for another challenge to pop up. I love the additional motivation and accountability that it provides. I have a new verse to print off and I am praying to knock off five workouts this week.

Time to get Living And Active!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the workouts this week. Keep up the good work.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete